Saturday, January 7, 2012

100 Recipes Every Woman Should Know




I have very messy counter space. I just realized that. I also have realized that I want a bigger food processor so at some point, I think I will be investing in one. This one's nice but gets crowded quickly and I think it may have impacted my final product.


Anyway...


Goal 4 for 2012 is to make at least one recipe a week from the cookbook mentioned in the title. And since it is week one, here is the first recipe. (almost a non recipe but I am committing to working with what I have on hand and I had banana's almost ready to turn on me so here it is...)


Secretly Good for You Banana Soft Serve


2 to 3 frozen peeled bananas, broken into pieces (I peeled 2 bananas and sliced them into thick chunks before freezing them. Stuck them in the freezer before work and had this after dinner...)


Cocoa powder or ground Cinnamon - for sprinkling (optional)


Other toppings (optional)


1. In a food processor, process the bananas for about 5 minutes, stopping a few times to scrape down the sides. As each minute passes, the bananas will get light and fluffy and take on a creamy texture - sort of like soft serve!


2. Serve. Can be sprinkled with cocoa powder or cinnamon or served with sliced fruit, whipped cream or as I did - drizzled with chocolate syrup for a chocolate covered banana effect.



It was really good. I had a doubt or two that it would really be that soft and creamy but it was. I still have about 1 frozen banana due to how small my processor is so I will be making this again or adding it to a smoothie...


On the menu, for sure as a quick and easy fix for a dairy free dessert.



No comments:

Post a Comment