Saturday, August 7, 2010

Poutine...

Now... just how did this great Canadian treat end up on my menu?

It's great... that's how... and it was one of the first things my best friend treated me to when I visited last year and I can't wait for more when I get up there in a couple weeks. Yes, I did have Poutine for lunch when my parents and I went to Vancouver in January but my substitute one when not in Canada is as follows...




Semi-Homemade Poutine... ah, well... yeah...

1 order fries
1 jar beef gravy
black pepper
cheese curds or string cheese cut into chunks.

Open gravy, stir in more black pepper to taste, heat in microwave. *you only need part of the jar, depending on how 'soaked' you want your fries...*

Dump fries into a bowl and put the cheese curds or string cheese on top of them, making sure to spread them out a bit.

Pour the warmed gravy over the top and enjoy!

It's so definitly on the menu!!

No comments:

Post a Comment